Vladimir Viktorovich enjoyed great authority as a scientist, clinician, mentor, teacher. He was really loved by students, young doctors, assistants and deeply respected by colleagues.
In the postwar years she was enrolled in the competition for the position of associate professor of the department Antonina Ivanovna Apasova. Having passed the famous Sverdlovsk school of orthopedists-traumatologists, Antonina Ivanovna was a comprehensively certified person, a highly professional specialist, an excellent teacher and mentor of young people.
Scientific research of Prof. Eletsky OG and his staff were devoted to the development and improvement of methods for the treatment of fractures, false joints, the problem of reparative bone regeneration. Prof. Yeletsky OG studies the anatomical variations of the lumbosacral spine and their role in the occurrence of pain, improves methods of treatment of injuries and diseases of the spine, he is one of the pioneers in the development of arthroplasty in the joints of the former Soviet Union. A classic study was its development of innervation of the knee joint. In 1936 he published a monograph "Diseases and injuries of the spine", and in 1937 his student Klimov Konstantin Mikhailovich developed an original method of treatment of dislocations of the acromial end of the clavicle and defended his dissertation. In 1938 Zakharzhevsky VP develops a new method of osteosynthesis - flat-perforated "bolts" for diaphyseal fractures. Alekseenko IP substantiated the importance of biomechanical factors in the treatment of fractures of the femoral neck and received the degree of Candidate of Medical Sciences. During the nine pre-war years, the department defended three dissertations for the degree of Candidate of Medical Sciences, published one monograph, published 34 scientific papers. Creative work was interrupted by the beginning of the Great Patriotic War (1941).
Employees of the department go to the front, and the institute is evacuated to Chelyabinsk. Prof. Yeletsky OG from the first days he volunteered for the army, worked in various hospitals as a consultant, passed his knowledge and experience to young doctors, published 6 scientific papers on tactics and methods of treatment of gunshot fractures, wounds, their consequences. Alekseenko IP, Montblanov VV, Novik MS went to the front. Employees of the department in evacuation are engaged in training military doctors and treatment of wounded soldiers and officers. Given the profile of the department, it is renamed the Department of Military Surgery.
After the liberation of Kyiv in 1944, the institute returned to his hometown and Prof. Oletsky OG recall to work at the institute, and the department is called the Department of Hospital Surgery № 2. At this time, the department employed Assoc. Prof. Apasov AI, Assoc. Prof. Alekseenko IP, who also worked part-time as Deputy Minister of Health of Ukraine, assistants Leonchuk GS, Vorobyov MO, Marynich AS, Feldman A.Ya., Novik MSIn the difficult postwar years, the staff of the department carried out extensive organizational work to provide conditions for educational, medical, consultative processes. The city was almost completely destroyed. It was necessary to restore the clinical base, the dormitory for students and all this was done by the faculty and students. The institute was restored. The painstaking daily work began. In 1952, the department returned its original profile name - the Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics.
Under the leadership of Prof. Eletsky OG employees of the department and researchers of the first clinic of the Research Institute of Traumatology and Orthopedics (base of the department) conducted a great creative, pedagogical work to improve teaching methods, equipping the department with the necessary subjects for teaching.
Employees of the department take an active part in the scientific development of injury prevention, treatment of war invalids, joint diseases; they made a significant contribution to the development of reconstructive and restorative operations for lesions of the apparatus of support and movement.
Careful work is being done to educate young doctors, train specialists in traumatology and orthopedics through clinical residency and graduate school.
Under the leadership of Prof. Yeletsky OG defended PhD theses: in 1950 - Leonchuk GS, Montblanov VV; in 1953 - Novikov GV, Merman AA, Prilipko TI; in 1954 - Ozerov AH; in 1955 - Marinich AS Talko IG; in 1956 - Knysh IT According to the competition, IV Shumada is elected an assistant of the department. Candidate's dissertations are defended by OI Palatny. - in 1961, Vlasenko VE - in 1967, Ostapchuk AV - in 1969, Kryzhanivsky VI, Kozynets PI, Voloshin OI - in 1968; doctoral Vorobyov MO - in 1961, Ozerov A.Kh. - in 1963, Novikov MV - in 1969, Knish IG - in 1966. Thus, under the leadership of Yeletsky OG 4 doctoral and 19 candidate dissertations were defended.
Prof. Yeletsky OG made a significant creative contribution to the organization and improvement of teaching at the department to qualitatively improve the knowledge and practical skills of students in orthopedics and traumatology, in the training of highly qualified professionals and teachers for higher education. The scientific school created by him gave famous orthopedists-traumatologists, who worthily continued his creative ideas: Novikov MV, Ozerov AH, Shumada IV, Talko IG, Voloshin OI, Knysh I. T. etc. Yeletsky OG improved methods of treatment of injuries and diseases of the spine, developed rational access to joints, improved restorative operations on the hip, knee, shoulder, elbow joints. He was a pioneer in the development of arthroplastic surgery on large joints, proposed a method of treating spastic paresis in spinal cord injuries. Based on the study of bone regeneration, he proved the ability of hypertrophied ends of false joints to regenerate and thus refuted the existing claim that they are incapable of regeneration. Prof. Yeletsky OG improved methods of surgical treatment of obsolete shoulder dislocations, congenital subluxations and hip dislocations in adults, he investigated and described the innervation of the knee joint and methods of stimulating bone regeneration. In 1966, at the age of 76, Prof. Oletsky OG retires, having worked as the head of the department for 34 years, and his talented student, Professor Ozerov Anton Hrysanfovych, is elected to this position by competition.